Would you like to improve your smile but don't want to face extensive, costly dental work? Dental bonding, one of the services offered by your Apple Valley, CA, dentist may be the ideal choice for you.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding involves adding a flexible material called composite resin to your teeth to correct flaws and minor damage. The material is made of powdered plastic and glass and looks just like your tooth enamel.
After your dentist applies the composite resin, they shape and harden it with a curing light, which firmly bonds the material to your tooth enamel. Composite resin is available in many shades of white, making it possible to closely match your tooth color or change the shade of a tooth. Dental bonding is one of the least expensive dental cosmetic dentistry services, yet offers impressive results.
Do you have any of these flaws?
Dental bonding is a good choice if you have any of these issues:
- Chips or Cracks: Small chips may not alter the structure of your teeth, but they can certainly affect your appearance. Filling in the chips with composite resin makes them disappear. Bonding can also improve the appearance of shallow cracks in teeth.
- Discolorations: One discolored tooth can disrupt your entire smile. Whether the discoloration is due to tooth trauma, a large filling, tetracycline use, or another cause, bonding conceals discolorations and ensures that your tooth matches the rest of your smile.
- Unusually Shaped Teeth: Adding composite resin to a crooked or oddly shaped tooth can completely change its appearance. Contouring, a dental treatment that involves removing tiny amounts of enamel in strategic locations, is often combined with bonding.
- Wear and Tear: Your teeth may become a little worn down after years of chewing and biting. Bonding extends the length of worn teeth, improves the way your teeth look, and may make chewing more comfortable.
- Gaps: Although large gaps between teeth may require orthodontic treatment, slight gaps can often be hidden with bonding. If you're unhappy with your gap-toothed smile, a visit to the Apple Valley dental office can transform your appearance.
Revitalize your smile with dental bonding! call your dentist in Apple Valley, CA, at (760) 247-6007 to schedule your appointment.