Why does your tooth hurt so much? At Apple Valley Dental in Helendale, CA, our team of five specialty dentists uncover the reasons for dental pain and effectively treat them. Combining innovation with expertise preserves as much natural tooth structure as possible.
Never wait on dental pain
At Apple Valley Dental in Helendale, CA, your dentists see numerous patients who are experiencing dental discomfort ranging from intermittent sensitivity to extreme toothache pain and everything in between. If you're one of them, please don't wait. Call the office right away so we can make you comfortable, examine and X-ray your teeth and formulate a treatment plan to restore you to full oral health.
The American Association of Endodontists cites several causes for dental pain:
- Sensitivity to heat, cold and pressure due to cracked fillings, exposed roots, dental abscess, decay or thin enamel
- Toothache from decay, infection, teeth clenching (bruxism), traumatic injury or poor dental bite
- Abscess, or infection of pulp in the interior chamber and root canals
- Traumatic injury, causing tooth avulsion, fracture, chips or lateral displacement
- Gum disease, or periodontitis, which degrades the support structures surrounding teeth
Treating dental pain
Common treatments for dental pain include:
- Fillings made of amalgam, composite resin, porcelain or glass ionomer
- Porcelain crowns to cover and protect damaged tooth structure
- Root canal therapy which removes the inflamed pulp, seals the tooth and covers it with a filling or crown
- Tooth scaling and root planing for gum disease
- Extraction for impacted wisdom teeth or hopelessly damaged teeth
- Replacement of old fillings or crowns
- Revision of dental bite with orthodontic treatment (traditional braces or aligners)
- Customized mouth guards for bruxism
- Regular use of a sensitivity toothpaste for exposed roots and thin enamel
- Splinting of mobile or displaced teeth
- Orthodontic correction for malocclusion and jaw joint dysfunction
Of course, your professional team at Apple Valley Dental always recommends consistent brushing and flossing at home, a nutritious diet, plenty of water and preventive exams and hygienic cleanings every six months.
Feel better and be healthy
At Apple Valley Dental, our team excels at the latest in preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental services. Whatever you need, we can provide it on-site at our modern facility in Helendale, CA. Call us at the first sign of a problem: (760) 247-6007.